Monday, February 20, 2023

"Family First: A Journey of Priorities"


Before the vows, before the ring,

Before the start of everything,

For women all around the world, Family's been the flag unfurled.

For me, my child at just four months, 

Brought with them both joy and crunch, I left my job without a fuss, For family, I knew, was a must.

Contrary to what some may say, 

My career didn't last long that way, For four short years, I took to task, The time to care for those who asked.

But even though my work had ceased, 

My pursuit of knowledge had increased, For study kept my mind alight, And showed me things beyond my sight.

So, I worked to bring about a change, 

For families who needed to arrange, Their work and life in perfect tune, So that they could thrive, not just cocoon.

And with my children's care in line, 

I knew the time was finally mine, To reach out for that coveted goal, And earn a degree from Harvard's bowl.

An activist through all my life, 

I fought for what was just and right, But even with this passion true, My family's needs came shining through.

For in this life, it's plain to see, 

Family comes first, that's the key, And all the work we do and chase, Must take a back seat in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment